Monday, January 21, 2008

quickupdate

hey guys, sorry my posts have lately been few and far between. internet access has been limited these days so i have to post when i can. right now i am in nairobi using my few vacation days before they go to waste. surprisingly nairobi is very calm and life as usual. the locals say that the news stations were blowing all the turmoil out of porportion and after seeing how normal it is here i would almost agree. then my taxi driver drove us through an intersection and nonchalantly said, "ten men were killed in a fight here last week." that was a little unnerving, but rest assure i am safe. like i said i have noticed no violence and there aren't even many police or soldiers around, so obviously things have calmed down.

ill be back in sudan next monday. things are rolling there. right now my base is supervising 13 churches and about to start construction on 7 others. so with only one pickup and one quad we are running till late hours every day.

my return date to the states has been pushed back to the middle of april. the 26th to be exact. that is by my choice. i want to do some traveling and have some real alone time to get my heart and mind ready to come back. pray for me as, though i will get to see my family, i will be torn as i leave a place i consider home, and a people that i truly love.

thank you guys so much for praying for me and my family as my mom recovers from surgery. for those of you who don't know, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple months ago, but God took care of her and allowed her to come through surgery just fine. i can't wait to get home and hug you mom, and let you know how proud i am that you have been so strong.

love you all

No comments: