Tuesday, May 20, 2008

whythewoods


i can't tell you how excited i am about the recent progress for whythewoods. i have filed an application with the IRS for non-profit, tax-exempt status, and i have a big meeting with one of our representatives of north carolina, virginia foxx, tomorrow. my buddy thomas schambach scored a knock-out with the design of my future website, whythewoods.com, but don't bother trying to go there yet because we are still in construction mode. i am praying that it will be up and running within 2 months. i have had several great speaking opportunities including my home church victory baptist of cooleemee, my old middle school south davie, and several others. friends, things are happening fast. almost too fast; so i hired my sister katie to keep me organized. it is amazing to watch the hand of GOD move in all of this. i only wish there was a way to keep in contact with the people of wadupe so they could share in my excitement. i know they are greatful for your help and support. and one day they will share in this great project.


now that i am home i want to be clear on what it is i am actually doing with whythewoods. i have had a lot of questions about the relationship between wtw and samaritan's purse. i went to sudan as an employee of samaritan's purse for two months last summer and again from sept. '07 to april '08. but, now i have completely started a new organization, whythewoods, seperate from samaritan's purse. we will continue to be dear friends as we work side by side in the country of sudan.
so now the question is, "why did you leave s.p.?" and the reason is that GOD's guidance in this has been very clear. samaritan's purse is a great organization and is capable of impacting a huge area of sudan with the many projects it operates. my heart is in the village of wadupe and my style of ministry enables a long term relationship with that village. both types of ministry, short term and long term, meet a variety of needs for a country that is crying out for all the help it can get. i look forward to working alongside my brothers and sisters at samaritan's purse and i know that our passion for sudan will help make a tremendous difference in many people's lives. i am eternally greatful for samaritan's purse as they were the ones who introduced me to the country of sudan.


my website, whythewoods.com (again, don't try it yet) will explain in depth the plan of action, the specific needs, and the beliefs of whythewoods. if you would like a copy of my mission statement, my current projects, and plans of action just email me at billyriddlejr@gmail.com and i will be happy to send you a copy.


i love you guys much....as always thank you for the prayers and support.


i would love to come and speak at your church,school, or business sometime to spread my vision and passion for Whythewoods so please contact me and schedule a date.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Billy,

Someone sent me your blog and I was so moved to read it. Bless you for your work with S.P., and the ministry that you now continue/grow.

I pray that your meeting with Mrs. Foxx goes well tomorrow. We are currently running a campaign against her and I want you to know that we will be a resource for you if we are successful in November. Ending Genocide and helping the people of Darfur is a personal quest for me.

God Bless,

Rev. Ryan Eller
Campaign Manager
Roy Carter for Congress
www.RoyCarterforCongress.com