Friday, March 23, 2012

Here and There

Hello all...

i arrived in kampala a few days ago. i finally got my visa for sudan yesterday and im taking the bus up to arua this morning. Then i'll be in sudan the next day. i am battling one of the worst cases of jetlag i have ever had, probably due to the fact that i dont have anyone here to keep me awake during the day. so pray that i'll get my days and nights straight.

funny story:

it has been nice getting back to africa after being gone a year. everyday i remember something i love about it. one of my favorite things about africa is the language barrier. only because it makes for hilarious conversations sometimes. yesterday at dinner my waitress wanted to ask me if i wanted a bowl of soup. however, she pronounced it a bowel of soup. i chuckled to myself and replied, no thank you, no soupy bowels for me. of course i have to keep in mind this lady is speaking a second, maybe a third or fourth, language.

everything is going well. the bus ride today will be long, but tomorrow i'll be in sudan. thank you all for your prayers. much Love

billy

No comments: