Friday, June 6, 2008

dailyprayer

thank you guys so much for praying for me through this time of sickness. i am feeling much better now and the malaria is finally getting wiped out of my system. i should be 100% by next week.
friends, my plate is full. wtw is becoming a full time job and with football and school looming in the foreground i know that i will need the strength of GOD to get me through the next several months. as whythewoods continues to grow and develop, and my personal life becomes busier and busier, the last thing i want to do is forget where my strength comes from. only by giving do we receive. and it is by giving our soul, body, and mind to GOD that we receive His divine strength and ability to do His great work. i wrote this prayer a couple years ago, and i pray it from time to time when i am feeling spiritually or physically weak, because it reminds me to give everything that i am to GOD and He will lift me up; He will heal me.

a daily prayer
LORD GOD, in the first of morning, when my eyes open and see the sun of another day graciously given by You, i give my spirit to be filled with the joy of Your Love.
in the day, when the harvest is ready, i give my hands and my feet to Your service, to Your will, and to all who need to know the Love of JESUS.
when the day is done, and the darkness closes in, i give the battles that rage in my mind, i give the struggles of the day passed, and the fears of tomorrow. i give You the still moments of solitude when satan wants me.
LORD GOD i am Yours. today, in this moment, i give my life.
amen

No comments: