Sunday, October 28, 2007

merrychristmassudan

so many people have been asking how they can get involved in helping with WhyTheWoods, which is amazing. so thanks to a dear friend serving in malaysia giving me this idea, i am suggesting christmas cards for sudan. last sunday when i preached i made mention that people were back at home praying for me and the people of sudan. they started clapping and shouting and cheering. it was a glorious sight. i was so thankful in that moment for all of you who are praying. so to further show the sudanese that americans love them, admire their strong faith, and are really praying, send them a christmas card telling them so. if you want, include a picture so they can see the face of someone across the world who is praying. it is such a cheap and easy way to show them that someone cares, and i can only imagine the joyous celebration this will bring. Thank you for helping. please send the cards to...

153 Gibson Way
Mocksville NC, 27028

...make sure it is clear that it is going to sudan or is for WTW. my family will collect them and mass mail them to me around christmas time, and i will deliver them over the christmas holiday. i do ask that you include 2 dollars for shipping costs.

by the way, the past few days i suffered from malaria or something like it. we don't really know if it was malaria because i never got my blood tested, but it acted just like malaria, and it makes for a much cooler story, so as far as i can see it was malaria. but i'm fine now. i got treatment pretty early so it was knocked out pretty quickly. but let me tell you, malaria is not as fun as it sounds. but like i said, im ok now. i met with the chief of wadupe today and played some volleyball at the compound. so it was a great day. i am speaking at a church opening tomorrow, so keep me in your prayers.

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Billy,

It would be an honor for me and my family to share a Christmas card with the people of Wadupe! THANK YOU and your friend for this idea and for allowing us, your church family, to be a part of it.

LYNN said...

What a cool idea!! I hope you get so many that they can use them as wallpaper. LOL I might have to send two. One serious and then one for the other personality that sometimes takes over. LOL

Anonymous said...

I think thats an awesome idea and you can count on several from me.

Goodfellas Pipe & Cigar said...

I mean, does joy have the best ideas ever or what?? She must have a book or something. She has to have some sort of cheat. I bet it's a book called "impress your friends with great ideas"
Nah- she's cool like that. That is so awesome. Won't it be a blessing for you to be able to watch these people open these cards?? That is so great! I can't wait to hear about it and watch your videos. We will be sending some that way. Do you know WHEN they will be mailing them??

Joy said...

goodfellas, you must reveal yourself! I'm thinking we would be good friends:)

Anonymous said...

Joy... goodfellas is your good friend. I did not mean to sign on under this name- it isn't really my name. but now that I know i have you stumped- i think i like it. (Actually I can't figure out how to change it back to my real name). Something is wrong with my password. Just guess who i am. I'll give you a hint...Goodfellas is really the name of a cigar store...

{PS- why don't you allow anonymous comments?? I couldn't put this on your blog b/c, again, I can't figure out the password}

Joy said...

goodfellas, you are a stinker. i've figured you out btw.
i'm sure bill LOVES us using his blog as means of ongoing conversation...but it least his number of "comments" increases, ya know?

Anonymous said...

yea. I bet he feels pretty dag-on special...

Anonymous said...

Billy i am praying for ya everynight be strong and help everyone in sight well g2g

courtney

Anonymous said...

well im in class and mr chaffin let me comment and visit your page things in this world or continet are doing great and u are the greatest man to live so farr

courtny