Saturday, October 27, 2007

wouldi?

"lay down!! i have burned your village, killed your people, and now i must cut off the head of the snake. you are the reason christianity is here!!"
"you can kill me. do what you want. but i'll never deny my God."
the arab soldier put the pastor face down on the ground and put the gun to his head.
"may i first say a prayer?"
"ha, do what you want. your blood is about to be splattered on this ground."
the pastor prayed to his Lord. his Saviour. he would never ever deny Him, and he was ready to see Him face to face.
when the pastor finished his prayer he looked up to find that the arabs had left. this pastor has preached in his village for forty years now. he sat across from me as we had tea and told me his story. i was honored to be in the presence of a real man of faith.

2 comments:

Joy said...

"From my distress I called upon the Lord;
The Lord answered me and sat me in a large place.
The Lord is for me; I will not fear;
What can man do to me?"

Psalm 118:5,6

LYNN said...

I am so humbled by a man of such faith. Would my faith be as strong? I pray that it would. I pray for protection for you and the people of Sudan Psalm 31